Subject: Re: [dita-comment] Table breaks - Request for better control capability

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:09:48 -0700, "Beims Bob" <bob.beims@freescale.com> wrote:

>That said, I also recall some discussion (perhaps in the DITA Adoption
>TC) about creating some baseline "best practices" for processing
>instructions to handle some formatting issues. If such quasi-standards
>aren't put in place somewhere, then different tool vendors will come up
>with their own methods, and we'll end up with divergence in the
>community. Perhaps someone else monitoring this list will recall the
>outcome of those discussions and point us in the right direction.

The idea of setting up a consistent set of PIs was mine,
and is now part of a Sourceforge project:
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/ditatestsuite/

Part of the rationale for the project:
This project will produce code to control the output process
from DITA as the need and nature of such code is defined.  It
will include development of cross-platform code, XSLT and/or
Java, for use with the DITA Open Toolkit as needed, including
one or more plugins, and/or modules to be incorporated in the
core DITA-OT code as determined by the DITA-OT developers.
It will also produce any needed code to support other DITA-
related SourceForge projects such as the DITA Open Platform.

We are basing the PIs on the ones used for DocBook:
  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/pi/index.html
with adjustment as needed to comply with the DITA spec.

We welcome participation by other list members!

  <jeremy@omsys.com>  http://www.omsys.com/