Subject: FW: Clarity on description of anchorref - section 2.1.2.2.3 DITA map elements

Thanks.

Julio J. Vazquez

Sr. Information Architect

919-354-1123

Follow me on Twitter @juliov27612

http://www.sdicorp.com/Solutions/Corporations.aspx

Author of Practical DITA

http://www.lulu.com/services/buy_now_buttons/images/gray.gif

From: Julio Vazquez [mailto:jvazquez@sdicorp.com]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 12:20 PM
To: 'dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org'

While I know this is not new information, the description of anchorref can be easily misconstrued. To me, a map fragment brings to mind a portion of a map but it’s unclear to me how that portion is delineated. Will the entire navigation after the anchorref be brought into the target map or is it that the anchorref must be a child of another element (topicgroup, topicset, or topicref) so the boundary is clearly delineated?

Thanks.

Julio J. Vazquez

Sr. Information Architect

919-354-1123