Subject: About indexterm implementation

Dear DITA TC members,

I'm implementing DITA to PDF plug-in in DITA Open Toolkit. I found that
there are implementation guidelines in the 3.1.3.2.1 indexterm section
in the DITA1.2 specification. For instance there are descriptions about
topicref/tomicmeta/keywords/indexterm,
topic/topicmeta/keywords/indexterm and indexterm elements in topic/body.

However I noticed that there are another location that a author can
write indexterm elements in DITA. For instance:

bookmap/booktitle/mainbooktitle
bookmap/booktitle/booktitlealt
bookmap/bookmeta/keywords

toipic/title
topic/shortdesc,abstarct

I think the implementation should ignore indexterm elements in
bookmap/booktitle or bookmeta because they are usually outputted in the
cover of the publication and the cover usually does not has page number.

If the indexterm element exists in topic/title or
topic/shortdesc,abstract, I think they should be honored. My question is
the treatment of the ranged indexterm. If the ranged indexterm appears
in topic/title or topic/shortdesc,abstract what should I do?

<topic>
</topic>

If there are any implementation guidelines, please let me know. Or there
is no guidelines I think it should be written in the specification.

Regards,

--
 Toshihiko Makita