Subject: Re: [dita-comment] Distribution of DITA

Hi Rudi,

The OASIS copyright allows for redistribution.

I will work with the TC to get a link to the full OASIS copyright inserted into the next release of the DITA spec. You can find it at https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr#notices

Specifically the copyright includes:

---
This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published, and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any kind, provided that the above copyright notice and this section are included on all such copies and derivative works. However, this document itself may not be modified in any way, including by removing the copyright notice or references to OASIS, except as needed for the purpose of developing any document or deliverable produced by an OASIS Technical Committee (in which case the rules applicable to copyrights, as set forth in the OASIS IPR Policy, must be followed) or as required to translate it into languages other than English.

The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be revoked by OASIS or its successors or assigns.
---

We certainly want to support and encourage use and redistribution of OASIS Standards. The copyright statements are not intended to prevent you from doing so in any way.

I can provide you with more info if you'd like.

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,

/chet