Subject: Re: [dita-comment] Consider adding an attribute "numeration" to "ol"'s

I think this observation makes it a good time to recall that the data element can serve exactly this role of providing values (structured, even) to a process. This becomes especially important for content that is being manipulated by _javascript_ because data values can be picked up as arrays or JSON values for direct use in behaviors as well as in styles. This leaves @outputclass free to have the more pure role of representing semantic intent for an element (eg, binding a _javascript_ function to the element), as Michael was trying to preserve.
--
Don