Subject: RE: [dita-comment] Discussion about conrefend

I tend to agree, especially as you can't cross topic boundaries, the ID has
to be within the topic so conrefend should just be the last ID in the range.

Julio J. Vazquez
Senior Content Analyst
Vasont Systems
A TransPerfect Company
www.vasont.com
The information in this email is confidential and intended for those to whom
it is addressed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Radu Coravu [mailto:radu_coravu@sync.ro]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 9:04 AM
To: dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita-comment] Discussion about conrefend

One thing I cannot understand about conrefend:

> http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/common/theconrefendattrib
> ute.html#theconrefendattribute

is why its value always needs to be something like
"path/to/target.dita#topicID/elementEndID". It looks redundant, its only
purpose is to identify the end element ID of a conref range.

Why not have its value be simply "elementEndID"? All the other information
can be obtained from the @conref or the @conkeyref attribute which is set on
the same element.

Maybe in another version of the specs we should also accept the short
version of the @conref attribute value as being valid and accepted.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
http://www.oxygenxml.com

--
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the OASIS
Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and to