Subject: <supplies> element

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/csprd01/part3-all-inclusive/langRef/technicalContent/supplies.html

I have the same problem with this element as I do with <supequip>. This adds unnecessary bloat to the content model. Either you have a list of supplies or there are no supplies. I’m sure the content model could be written such that either the list or the element that indicates there is no requirement is specified. I won’t comment on other areas of this task structure that should be removed but I think that containers just for the fact of a container makes little sense. Processors could supply titles for these sorts of items, if needed without a container to trigger them.

Julio J. Vazquez

Senior Content Analyst

Vasont Systems

A TransPerfect Company

Skype: tpt_jvazquez

+1 717-793-3895

www.vasont.com

The information in this email is confidential and intended for those to whom it is addressed.