Subject: Re: [dita-comment] Possible improvement for DITA 2.0

Hi Radu,

According to the 1.3 specification, when key references are resolved on an image, text in the key definition that would normally become link text should be treated as the alternate text.

See:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/errata01/os/complete/part1-base/archSpec/base/processing-keyref-for-text.html

The relevant text is here:
> For empty <image> elements, effective content is used as alternate text, equivalent to creating an <alt> sub-element to hold that content.

Speaking on behalf of the DITA-OT team, I'm pretty sure that is not working properly right now, and should be treated as a bug in the processor. I'm not sure if other processors handle this condition.

When properly implemented, I believe this would address the issue you're seeing; updating your sample key definition, the following would result in the proper alternate text:
>   <keydef keys="myImage" href="">>     <topicmeta>
>       <linktext>Alternate text</linktext>
>     </topicmeta>
>   </keydef>

Regards,

Robert D. Anderson
DITA-OT lead and Co-editor DITA 1.3 specification,
Digital Services Group

E-mail: robander@us.ibm.com
Digital Services Group
11501 BURNET RD,, TX, 78758-3400, AUSTIN, USA

Inactive hide details for Radu Coravu ---07/18/2017 12:26:27 AM---Hello, One of our users uses in topics DITA <image> elements Radu Coravu ---07/18/2017 12:26:27 AM---Hello, One of our users uses in topics DITA <image> elements with @keyref in