Subject: Re: [dita-comment] Small issues with the DITA standard

Hi Toshihiko,

This depends on each use case.

For example when using the Docbook standard people can filter out content based on the xml:lang attribute. So some Docbook-based projects may rely on this filter in order to obtain the publication for a certain language.
When these users migrate to DITA they come with the same expectancy.
We had users expecting to have only one DITA Map linking to topics in various languages and based on the xml:lang set on the topicref create a publication. Of course, in time they find out that with DITA you usually keep the DITA content for each translation totally separated and they do the same.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
http://www.oxygenxml.com