Subject: Re: [dita-comment] A question hazardstatement element @type

I wrote a whitepaper on DITA 1.3 for the DITA Adoption Technical Committee that you can download here. I recommend that you read the first three sections on page 4 through page 6. You may also find the example of note type=trouble on page 21 to be helpful.

Troubleshooting information follows a three-part pattern: condition, cause, and remedy. Hazards also follow a three-part pattern:Âtype of hazard, consequence, and how to avoid. The hazard pattern is more appropriate for hazardÂstatements than the troubleshooting pattern would be, so I do not recommend using note @type=trouble for hazard statements.

Best regards,
Bob Thomas