Subject: FW: Request for DITA Help

Dear DITA Help SC folk

I received an e-mail from Tom Kline, of McKesson, that requested the SC
consider the following with respect to a Help API:

* user_role: Useful for automatically filtering content for different
audiences
* user_id: Useful for personalizing the help system

Tom suggested that those parameters would be useful when calling help from a
client-server or Web-based application.

At our teleconference this week, Stan said he will try to circulate some
information on custom metadata handling in 1.2, as this might be relevant to
this issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Tom's suggestion? (I know we haven't talked
much about us developing an API; we've been more focussed on working with
existing APIs.)

Regards

Tony Self