Subject: RE: [dita-help] CSH Proposal

I suppose the question is, what is the system's, or the author's default orientation for these definitions, or where would they normally be authoring these elements? and how frequently would they need to author exceptions?

From the MS perspective, on the whole, our content tends to have all of this data authored in the topics directly - essentially, characteristic behaviors for the topic. It would then be only when we need to override the topic's default behavior that we would want to use this feature.

From that perspective, I would suggest, "override-topic" (meaning override the topic's definition) with a default of false. This seems to map to Paul's usage somewhat as well.

I like your suggestion for the behavior if the attribute is omitted - all ua-context definitions would be supported then.

- P.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Self [mailto:tself@hyperwrite.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 10:17 PM
To: dita-help@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita-help] CSH Proposal

Colleagues

I received some feedback on the CSH proposal from Paul Masalsky and the EMC
documentation team.

One of their suggestions was to change the name of the "yield-to-topic"
attribute to "override-in-topic". Do you think this would make the meaning
of the attribute clearer? Or is there another name that would work better?

Another suggestion is that the yield-to-topic attribute default would be
false. (In other words, if the attribute was omitted from the map,
processors would assume that the map context hooks would not be overridden
by any in the topic.) Any thoughts on this? How would this affect aliases,
do you think? Should no explicit yield-to-topic alternatively mean that both
the topic's hook and the map's topicref hook should both be included as
context ids?

Tony