Subject: RE: [dita-help] Demonstration at Next Meeting

Got it on my schedule this time - looking forward to it!

- P.
http://blogs.msdn.com/TheHelpGuy

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Self [mailto:tself@hyperwrite.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:35 AM
To: dita-help@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: 'Su-Laine Yeo'; 'Chris Johnson'; 'Mark Lewis'; john_hunt@us.ibm.com
Subject: [dita-help] Demonstration at Next Meeting

Greetings colleagues

The next DITA Help Subcommittee meeting (on Monday 1 February) will see a revival of the demonstrations that we had in the early days. These demos will serve a number of purposes, including stimulating discussion, keeping us informed of developments, and opening dialogue with Help tool vendors.
Hopefully, this will ensure that we serve the Help community broadly.

The first of our demonstrations will be from JustSystems. Chris Johnson will be explaining the new "WebHelp" transformation output in XMetal 6.0. This output, generated through a DITA OT plug-in, provides a tri-pane interface with TOC, index and search. If time permits, Su-Laine Yeo might also be able to briefly show us XMetaL Reviewer. This sort of system may help us put together documents like the Help Technologies Guide in the future.

Because the tri-pane WebHelp output is appropriate for many types of online documents, not just Help, we have invited the DITA Web Subcommittee to join us for the demo.

(By the way, I think I've lined up Mark Poston from Mekon in the UK for the meeting after this one. Mark will be demonstrating a DITA-based Interactive Electronic Technical Manual that uses an XML database and XQuery to dynamically convert DITA content to Web 2.0-enabled HTML.)

I hope to "see" you at the meeting! It's on Monday 1st Feb, at 4:00 pm US EST. We'll be using GoToMeeting, the joining instructions for which were provided in the meeting notice sent yesterday.

Cheers

Tony Self