Subject: RE: [dita-help] Call today?

I've confused the information a bit--they get in my google calendar only when I manually put them there. I do that so that I can stay on track when I'm away from my desk. The caveat of course is that I have to manually keep up with changes that are more automatic in Outlook.
Sorting my backed-up email by [dita-help] in the subject, the most recent that I see is the invitation of 10/21 for the 10/25 meeting, so yes I do receive them. It's almost certainly pilot error--I get several hundred email messages a day in my Cisco account, and that's after restoring some degree of sanity by moving all my personal traffic to gmail a couple of years ago. I'll be more attentive.

It's the irregularity of the schedule that throws me off. With most other meetings a regular recurrence is established. With this meeting I simply have to be more attentive.

I'll be alert for the next message identified as from you with the subject "[dita-help] Groups - DHSC Meeting added".

    /B

From: Tony Self [mailto:tself@hyperwrite.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:56 PM
To: Bruce Nevin (bnevin); 'ian balanza-davis'; dita-help@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Bruce

I’m not sure why you’re not receiving a notice from Kavi. You are on the roster for both the DITA Help SC and the DITA Adoption Help SC, and you are obviously receiving the e-mails to the list.

After I have set up the meeting in the Kavi Calendar system, I (as a member of those SCs) automatically receive a calendar item (.ics file) as an e-mail attachment. When I open the item, they lodge themselves in my Outlook calendar.

Maybe those e-mail notices are running through to junk? Another time you said the meetings were making it to your Google calendar, but not to Outlook. I’m not sure how they find their way to your Google calendar. Are you having this issue with all OASIS notices, or just with the Help SCs?

Another method of checking the next meeting details is to go to:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-help/calendar.php

Meetings are marked with an asterisk in the calendar on that page, and you can follow the link to find the join-in details. You can also manually download a calendar ICS appointment from that page.

As mentioned in the e-mail I just sent out to the SC, this Monday’s meeting didn’t get off the ground (my Internet connection ground to a halt, and I couldn’t start up the GoToMeeting session), so we are planning to try again next Monday (6 December) at 4:30 pm US EST. I hope you can make it.

Cheers

Tony