Subject: The resourceid element vs the ua-context element

Greetings colleagues

At the last DHSC meeting, I promised to circulate a brief comparison between the 1.3 resourceid proposal (13008), and our own context-sensitive help ua-context element.

<resourceid>

<ua-context>

Inheritance

topic/resourceid

topic/ua-context

Contained by

prolog, topicmeta

prolog, topicmeta

Contains

No content

No content

Attributes:

@id

@id

@appid

@context-id

@appname

@context-string

@ua-window

@yield-to (valid in map only)

The other implied attribute is that the identifier is a context hook. If we used resourceid, we would have to sacrifice one to the attributes, probably @appname, to identify the resourceid as a context hook as opposed to a database key or an application code.

It could well be that yield-to ends up not being required, because of other “attribute cascade” (branch filtering) suggestions being discussed at the TC level.

Rather than create a new ua-context element based on resourceid, we could look at expanding the 13008 proposal so that the resourceid element contained the following attributes:

@id

@appid

@context-id

@appname

@ua-window

@yield-to (if required)

Your thoughts and opinions on this would be very welcome!

Tony Self

Chair – OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee