Subject: Mapping Gagne's Instructional Events to the RLO/RIO Model

Greetings,

Attached is a diagram that attempts to map Gagne's instructional events
to the RLO/RIO model. We'll use this in tomorrow's phonecon. The purpose
of the exercise is to better understand want kinds of content is
appropriate for a DITA-learning schema. In addition, I thought it would
be helpful to better understand different classes of information that
are part of curriculum development, ie, learning strategies, content,
RIO types, etc. It could be a parallel equivalent of document analysis
in preparation for DTD/schema development. But in this case, we're
identifying the "compartments" or "wrappers" where honed and nested
elements might sit.

Please keep in mind that I am merely exploring and cannot claim this
mapping is the best approach, or the only approach, or even the right
approach to discovering insight into how a learning-based schema would
be formed. I am open to any exploration at this point merely for the
sake of learning something about this uncharted territory.

Wayne

gagne to rlo-rio mapping.jpg