Subject: Call for Phase 2 "topic type" leads

Dear DITA learning and training specialization sub-committee -

As we embark on the actual work of designing topic types in Phase 2, I put out this call for volunteers to act as the lead for each topic type.

(See Phase 2 of the design plan in our wiki here - http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningContent/Phased_Design_Plan.)

We have six types to design, so we need six leads. Being a lead would involve acting as a clearing house for collecting sample content for the type, convening a work team for the type, leading discussions, and pulling them together into an outline and table of the specialized elements and structures needed to represent the content for that type. You can plan to schedule time at a "regular" Thursday 11 am - noon ET meeting for discussions and input, set up other times, or use the email list or wiki.

I'll plan to participate in each of topic-type discussions, but would prefer not to be the lead for each!

Please respond back to the dita-learningspec list or directly to me if you have interest.

If I hear from no one, I'll start pestering people individually!

Thanks.

John
John Hunt
Lotus Education Development
Chair, OASIS DITA learning and training content sub-committee
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
john_hunt@us.ibm.com