Subject: Request for IMS attendance on L&T conference call

Dear all

It was an action item for me to request that Colin Smythe, Chief
Specifications Strategist of IMS, attend one of our calls.  This would
provide an opportunity for us to understand the business and technical
value of QTI in relation to our work on the assessment topic type.
Specifically, Colin would be able to indicate both the business and
technical reasons for the size and structure of QTI, what audiences it
currently serves, how widely it has been implemented etc.  We can leave
any suggested IMS IPR issues until after we have some sense of whether
QTI is of any value to DITA or not.

I have asked for that participation and Rob Abel, the CEO of IMS has
responded in support of that request and has asked to be included on the
call so that he can also some of the potential that may exist between
IMS and DITA.  Colin, due to timezone differences, is yet to respond,
but clearly he has the green light.  I will hand the coordination of
this into a standard DITA L&T process (if someone just tells me how).

Thanks
Allyn

--
Allyn J Radford
Principal

Solution Architecture Consulting
Standards-based eLearning Systems and Content
Digital Content Exchange Planning and Development

Phone: +61 (0)3 9751 0730
Mob:   +61 (0)419 009 320