Subject: RE: [dita-learningspec] Design Proposal #12058 Approved!

Greetings,

The learning design proposal could not have come to a reality without John's stalwart and steady leadership. I would like to thank and recognize his dedication to the vision and to the effort that enabled our work to get this far. We could have done this without John. Great work John!

Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: "john_hunt@us.ibm.com" <john_hunt@us.ibm.com>
To: "dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: 11/14/07 5:06 PM

Dear DITA learning sub-committee,

I'm happy to report that at this week's meeting, the OASIS DITA Technical Committee
voted to accept and approve Design Proposal #12058 - Specialization for learning and
training, including the supporting design and language specification and DTD/XSD schemas.

This makes our learning and training specialization part of the approved design
for DITA 1.2.

We can all celebrate. You have all contributed, by providing feedback in
meetings, emails, phone calls, and other forums. This is a significant step towards
enabling structured content as a standard part of developing, assembling, and
delivering good learning and training content.

However, our work as a sub-committee is not done. Our next step is to identify best
practices for both content development and processing to target deliverables, develop
against sample content, and deliver a complete starter set demonstration package
for use with the DITA Open Toolkit, building on the current plugin package, sample
content, and core processing we have now.

After taking the next two weeks off to celebrate, let's re-convene on Thursday,
November 29 to discuss and plan the next steps together.

Thanks again to all of your for your help and support in helping to get us to this
important milestone.

John
John P. Hunt, PhD
DITA Architect / Lotus Information Development Center
Chair, OASIS DITA learning and training content sub-committee
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
phone: 617.245.8053
john_hunt@us.ibm.com