Subject: RE: [dita-learningspec] SCORM templates and DITA learning objects

hey there

the learning/lesson plan, or some refer to it as an instructional plan, can be inserted in the content package and not referenced in the sco itself. if there is a standard learning plan file in the cp, an instructor can review and learn about the content without having to go through every page of every sco in the cp.  this would be a timesaver when searching and reviewing lessons.  the instructor would still need to review the content if the lp suggested a good fit for the objectives at hand.

other thoughts:

wayne

From: john_hunt@us.ibm.com [mailto:john_hunt@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tue 1/8/2008 1:25 PM
To: Wayne Gafford

Hi wayne,

good point. The problem i have here, though, is that the learningPlan content itself doesn't get delivered in the SCORM, since it's not content that is intended for the learner.

can you identify the specific links between content in the learningPlan and specific items in these SCORM templates? perhaps there's a best practices guide for how to use a learningPlan topic to plan a learning object. However, keep in mind, nothing requires anyone to create a learningPlan topic for every learning object or for anything at all, for that matter.

feel free to add a new page with your version of things.

if you don't mind re-posting your reply back to the dita-learningspec list, then we can get this exchange into that for others to comment on, as well.

John