Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Packaging the learning specialization

Title: Scott Hudson
My thought is "NO". If someone needs to create Learning content for software, then they can easily create a shell to include it. I don't think everyone who creates training will need these domains, so should not be subjected to all of the extra tags if they are included.

Best regards,

--Scott

  Scott Hudson
  Senior XML Architect

  scott.hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com

  O:  303.542.2146

  C:  303.332.1883

  F:  303.544.0522

  www.FlatironsSolutions.com

  An Inc. 500 Company

john_hunt@us.ibm.com wrote:
OFF21E76EE.FDA3FD08-ON85257433.0055F420-85257433.00567A13@lotus.com" type="cite">
Dear DITA learning and training specialization sc -

The DITA TC has been discussing packaging plans and options for DITA 1.2. See - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00077.html.

Here's what's proposed for the "Learning and Training Content Package" -

4) Learning and Training Content Package
    a) DITA 1.2 Learning and Training Content Architecture and Language Reference.
    b) Doctype shells for all of the Learning and Training topic
        specializations except learningBase, includes the core topic, software,
        programming, UI, Learning topic, and Learning Metadata domains.
    c) Learning and Training topic, map, and metadata domains.
    d) Learning and Training map doctype shell (map plus the map group,
        delayed resolution, Learning Map,
        Learning Metadata, and Learning topic domains).
    e) Learning and Training bookmap doctype shell (bookmap plus the
        map group, delayed resolution, Learning Map and Learning
        Metadata domains).
    f)  Learning and Training map domain specialization modules.

We have a couple of issues to decide -
I. Should the Learning and Training topics and ditabase doctype shells include the software, ui, and programming domains?

II. Do we want a Learning and Training map doctype shell that is based on bookmap?  John said yes.

Please respond with your thoughts about whether to include the domains in the L&T topic shells.

Thanks.

John
John Hunt
DITA Architect / Lotus Information Development Center
Chair, OASIS DITA learning and training content sub-committee
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
john_hunt@us.ibm.com