Subject: RE: [dita-learningspec] Groups - DITA Learning Content SC Meetingcancelled

FYI:

I need to postpone filling in my area until I get through a large DITA conversion occurring over the next three weeks for a pending release this summer.

If someone wants to jump in prior, you have my blessing, otherwise I will get to the list most likely later in July.

On another front, I introduced DITA and the Learning spec to the Oracle University committee digging into Arbortext as a potential tool for curriculum development. As a best practice for reuse, I'm encouraging that the bulk of the learning content be developed in DITA concepts and tasks, then use content references within the Learning content types.

The OU rep is just flying and loves the DITA authoring experience.

The nice thing about this strategy is that a task is a task. I'm finding that many of them can be repurposed in other contexts. It's possible to use traditional ditamaps to develop other deliverables leveraging the same tasks outside of a training context.

The concepts, on the other hand, are often highly specific to the training context, but it still seems like a good idea to conref them in for maximum reuse, at least for things like student and instructor guides that share most of the same material.

We're currently rolling our own Arbortext Styler configuration to get WYSIWYG hooked up for portions of the new Learning elements.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: john_hunt@us.ibm.com [mailto:john_hunt@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:01 AM
To: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita-learningspec] Groups - DITA Learning Content SC Meeting
cancelled

I'm not available tomorrow. Please plan to use the hour to review our
learning specialization lang reference topics - see details and review
assignments here:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningContent/lcReftopics.

Please edit directly in the wiki - add your name to any open spot, indicate
completed reviews, and add comments. If you intend to edit the dita topic
files, indicate that in the comments.

Thanks.

 -- John Hunt

DITA Learning Content SC Meeting has been cancelled by John Hunt