Subject: RE: [dita-learningspec] Content issue/q about learningPlan sections

From: Fred Evers [mailto:fred.evers@oracle.com]
Sent: Wed 9/3/2008 2:45 PM
To: troy.klukewich@oracle.com; dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org

From: Troy Klukewich [mailto:troy.klukewich@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:02 PM
To: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org

From: Reuben Tozman [mailto:reuben@edcetratraining.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:52 AM
To: 'Scott Hudson'; john_hunt@us.ibm.com
Cc: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org

F: 416.915.0875

Subscribe to our podcasts at www.edcetratraining.com/podcasts/edcetra.xml

Visit us on the web at www.edcetratraining.com

From: Scott Hudson [mailto:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 11:21 AM
To: john_hunt@us.ibm.com
Cc: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org

I would support a more flexible model and allow for fig.cnt.

Best regards,

--Scott

  Scott Hudson
  Senior XML Architect

  scott.hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com

  O:  303.542.2146

  C:  303.332.1883

  F:  303.544.0522

  www.FlatironsSolutions.com

  An Inc. 500 Company

john_hunt@us.ibm.com wrote:

Dear DITA learning SC,

I just noticed that in the specialized sections in learningPlan, you can't have any content between the section title and the specialized fig sub-sections.

For example,

<lcProject>

<title>lcProject</title>

===> Can't put anything here !

<lcClient>

<title>lcClient</title>

</lcClient>

We can adjust the DTD to allow for fig.cnt (basic content elements like p, ul, ol, etc.) in there, for those who might want it, or for those who might want to include open-ended content about lcProject, and not use the specific sub-sections provided.

Thoughts?

This would apply to lcProject, lcNeedsAnalysis, lcGapAnalysis, lcIntervention, lcTechnical.

John Hunt

GIF image