Subject: DITA OT 1.5 and Learning Samples install verification

While John suggested that there may be those of us who do not wish to expose their floundering attempts before the entire group, I am more than happy to flounder away in public. :-)

I finally had a breather and some time to devote to our Learning & Training efforts. The fact that this breather occurs on a Friday afternoon while my brain is halfway into Saturday is purely a coincidence.

I followed the DITA OT and Learning Samples install instructions per:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-learningspec/email/archives/200809/msg00008.html

I verified that the DITA OT 1.5 install itself worked with the usual samples build, learning once again how to change the oil, organize the workbench, shovel snow, spray paint, take out the garbage, and wash the car.

I then ran the learning samples output per the instructions. Everything was zippy fine for HTML, for CHM, and for SCORM output (for SCORM as far as I know).

For fun, I added the PDF build. I noted the inordinately long build time while the build attempted to download a number of image files from OASIS, timing out for each one, before eventually finishing the build. The PDF otherwise looked fine. As expected from the build notices, there are no graphics in the PDF version of the learning content.

I take my wins where I can get them.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com
[mailto:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:06 AM
To: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: robander@us.ibm.com; esirois@ca.ibm.com
Subject: [dita-learningspec] Groups - DITA learning and training content
specialization sub-committee modified

DITA learning and training content specialization sub-committee has been modified by Scott Hudson

Date:  Thursday, 04 September 2008
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
US/CA 1-866-880-0098, pcode 6396088.
Other locations, contact john_hunt@us.ibm.com for dial-in information.

Agenda:
Getting set up with DITA 1.2 and DITA OT 1.2 to test the learning and training specializations.
See http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningContent/4sep2008Agenda.

Minutes:
Minutes 4 Sept 2008

Attendees:
John Hunt
Scott Hudson
Mary McRae
Fred Evers
Troy Klukewich
Reuben Tozman

John provided a walkthrough of installing the DITA OT 1.5 and installing the learning plugin.

Scott added the instructions on the FAQ. Scott also made other updates to the FAQ, so please review and feel free to add additional clarifications and updates!

Technical difficulties with the web conference, but please follow the instructions on the FAQ and report any problems.

Reuben to demonstrate how all this works in SCORM and a live LMS next week.

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Thursday, 11 September 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 18 September 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 25 September 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 02 October 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 09 October 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 16 October 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 23 October 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 30 October 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-learningspec/event.php?event_id=19237

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.