Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Fw: [dita] Request for input on DITA 1.2 use

Thanks, Eliot!  This officially gets you on the list as the VERY FIRST usage endorsement for DITA l&t!

John
___________________________________
John Hunt
Structured Content Architect / Lotus Information Development Center
Chair, OASIS DITA learning and training content sub-committee
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
john_hunt@us.ibm.com

From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@reallysi.com>
To: <john_hunt@us.ibm.com>, <dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: <dond@us.ibm.com>, Paul Eisenberg <PEisenberg@reallysi.com>
Date: 10/31/2008 11:12 AM

On 10/31/08 6:10 AM, "john_hunt@us.ibm.com" <john_hunt@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Dear DITA learning and training content sub-committee -
>
> Those of you who are implementing, using, or considering use of the l&t
> specializations, please reply back to dita@lists.oasis-open.org to
> indicate that intent. I will be doing so for IBM.

Really Strategies has used an early draft of the L&T module for one client
and fully expects to use it for additional clients who publish educational
materials, including test preparation manuals, textbooks, and standardized
tests.

We would also expect to provide L&T-specific features in a future version of
our RSuite product, for example, Web-based forms for authoring and modifying
assessments directly (rather than through a traditional XML editor). It
would also be likely that we will implement various L&T output processors of
interest to publishers, such as general-purpose processes for formatting
assessments with InDesign, as well integrating any available Toolkit plugins
for L&T processing (e.g., SCORM generation).

In short, we see the L&T specialization as being of particularly high value
(beyond the generally high value of DITA itself) to our current and
prospective clients in the Educational Publishing industry.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <
mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<
http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>