Subject: RE: [dita-learningspec] Learning content examples

Re:

<quote>
In related news, I have taken an action to follow up with the Dita Adoption committee at the next meeting. There is an effort there to include better sample files than the proverbial DITA garage examples. This effort also includes coordination with the DITA Help committee. Ideally, DITA should have standard DITA outputs, Help, and Learning samples.
</quote>

I've followed up with the DITA Adoption TC. A few more people would like to be involved with new Learning and Training samples and are really interested. They agreed that we need something more real world to show off what is possible.

I'll put together the list of names from the TC and send them on to John and this list. I'll discuss more at our next meeting.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy Klukewich [mailto:troy.klukewich@oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 3:21 PM
To: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks, Scott. I have not seen this curriculum resource before. We would probably need to do some digging to find a well designed course that represents good (if not best) practices. But there is probably something in there.

Does anyone know of any well designed open source courses off hand, in curriki or elsewhere?

In related news, I have taken an action to follow up with the Dita Adoption committee at the next meeting. There is an effort there to include better sample files than the proverbial DITA garage examples. This effort also includes coordination with the DITA Help committee. Ideally, DITA should have standard DITA outputs, Help, and Learning samples.

We may also want to consider two learning samples, one for DITA, which will probably be constrained by small size, and one available outside DITA somewhere with whiz-bang features (like audio/video) for demonstration purposes. The one outside could be far more dynamic.

Troy Klukewich
Information Architect
Oracle