Subject: OU Samples: ou2dita.xsl Updated

I have committed an update to the ou2dita.xsl transform (
http://dita4publishers.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dita4publishers/trunk/xslt
/ou2dita/ou2dita.xsl?view=log).

This version handles all the elements in the S357_1 sample and produces
completely valid L&T DITA.

I have committed the original source and generated DITA to the
DITA4Publishers sample_data/ area as Open_University_S357_1 (
http://dita4publishers.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dita4publishers/trunk/samp
le_data/Open_University_S357_1/)

If you generate HTML and then copy the directory "dita_version/media" to the
"sessions/" directory in your output, the graphic references should work
from the main session topics. References from the Frontmatter and Backmatter
sections won't work. The graphic filename handling is very weak in the
current code--I just hardcoded the path that works for the session content.

Probably need a separate Java app to copy the graphics over into the
appropriate places based on the point of reference--would make sense for
each section to own its own graphics rather than having them pooled in one
place for the entire session.

Feel free to use or adapt the transform as desired--I hacked it as quickly
as I possibly could and gave very little thought to the mapping into the L&T
markup. But it should provide a base for further refinement.

If anyone wants to be able to work on the code through the DITA4Publishers
Subversion code control system, all I need is a SourceForge user ID for you
and I can make you a developer on the project, giving you commit rights to
the code and samples.

I'm also happy to serve any L&T samples from the DITA4Publishers project if
you need that service. Might even be able to install a simple LMS to the
project's Web site if that makes sense--would have to look into what
SourceForge allows in that regard but it should be possible.

As I said on the last con call, Really Strategies has a clear business
interest in supporting the development of realistic L&T samples. If there're
other ways we can help this activity, let me know.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>