Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Proposed Interaction Markup Design

Thanks, Eliot.

I'll plan to review and post some comments back, and look forward to a good discussion at the meeting on Thursday.

John
DITA Learning and Training SC Chair

John P. Hunt
Senior Software Engineer
IBM Collaboration Solutions | User Experience: Design and Information Excellence
john_hunt@us.ibm.com | 978.899.2394; t/l 276.2394

Join our community | Team blog | Product Wikis

550 King Street
Littleton, MA 01460
USA

From:        Eliot Kimber <ekimber@reallysi.com>
To:        "dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        03/10/2012 11:54 AM
Sent by:        <dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org>

I have posted to the Learning SC's document area on the Oasis site a draft
proposal and accompanying working declarations and sample document.

The sample reflects the sample questions provided by Amber and myself on the
Wiki and demonstrates that the design accommodates all the requirements
reflected in those questions.

The the proposal defines two new domains: learningInteractionBase2Domain and
learning2Domain.

I'm not sure my construction of learning2Domain is 100% kosher because I
took the shortcut of using elements from the learningDomain where there was
no need for a content model change. Not quite sure what the right thing to
do is in that case, but I was trying to save time for now.

The sample Zip should be directly usable as provided given that you
otherwise have access to the 1.2 DTDs. I set up the test document so it
works directly against the local copy of the learningAssessment.dtd--I
didn't take the time to package it as a Toolkit plugin. In an editor like
OxygenXML you should be able to simply open the test/assessment2-test-01.xml
document and it should be valid.

I will be on vacation this coming week but will try to check email
periodically. I will make every effort to attend the 3/15 meeting.

Cheers,

E.

--
Eliot Kimber