Subject: RE: [dita-learningspec] Groups - Doctypes, sample data, and reference topics for DITA 1.3 stage 3 proposal 13089 uploaded

Good to hear that your experience matches ours. We have around 5,000 learning objects stored separately in our repository using  learningObjectMap as the root container and it is working well for us.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Myers
Knowledge Transfer Architect, Production Platform Management and Operations
Knowledge Productization Services
SAP America, Inc.
3999 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073 USA
T 1-610-661-5823
F 1-610-661-5824
M 1-484-802-1809

-----Original Message-----
From: Eliot Kimber [mailto:ekimber@rsicms.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:02 PM
To: Burgess, Doug; dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Myers, Mark

I am using DITA to author some training for an upcoming conference using a
specialized map type based on the L&T learning map domain. I'm authoring the
maps so that each level of the course is represented by a separate map
(course, session, module, lesson, learningObject, learningContent).

It's immediately obvious from this exercise that learningGroupMap and
learningObjectMap are absolutely required in order to continue this model
without resorting to generic maps.

Because I've created my own map type in this case, I can work around the
problem, but it would be nice to have learningObjectMapRef elements even if
the map being referenced is not itself a learningObjectMap.

Cheers,

E.