Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] including learning content in DITA 1.3 technical content topic types

With DITA 1.3 we extended the specialization mechanism to allow you to treat structural specializations as though they were domains, meaning you can re-use selected element types from structural specializations in other structural specializations. We used this to allow reusing task elements in a different topic type not specialized from task.

So this would provide a conforming way to include any of the L&T element types in any other topic or map type. Meaning you can do it today.

However, as a general principle of specialization design, anything that could possibly be useful in a different topic or map type should be defined in its own domain and then included into whatever topic or map types need it. This almost certainly applies to the element types Amber has identified.

Cheers,

E.

--

Eliot Kimber