Subject: From Radu about Oxygen's audio and video support

Dear people,

From my action items after yesterday's call, here's what Radu Coravu said about Oxygen's support of audio and video and how that can change with LwDITA and DITA 2.0

-----

Hi Carlos,

We can update the plugin to match more DITA elements or constructs and produce the same HTML and PDF output.
Is there an updated schema/DTD for the LwDITA containing the proposed changes?
Of course once the DITA 2.0 standard gets adopted the handling of the media elements will be part of the DITA Open Toolkit and the external plugin will no longer be necessary.

For Oxygen 18.1 which we plan to release in 1-2 months we will have a special toolbar action which can be used to insert references to video/audio or embedded youtube content. The action will insert a construct like:

<object data="" href="http://www.youtube.com/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/..." outputclass="iframe"/>

but when we have support in the standard we can update the action to insert something else.

Regards,
Radu
----
--
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing