Subject: Fwd: LwDITA Draft document

FYI

Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: LwDITA Draft document
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 15:42:51 +0000
From: Debra Bissantz <dbissantz@healthwise.org>
To: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>

Kris,

I looked over the document and have the following comments.

1.      Throughout the document, there is inconsistent use of LwDITA and Lightweight DITA.

2.      Is LwDITA considered a stepping stone to full DITA? The document mentions that LwDITA is an entry point, but I don’t see any mention of how or when to move from LwDITA to full DITA.

3.      P7, Section 2.1 – I agree with changing the title of section 2.1 to Simplified Structure.

4.      P10, Section 3.2 – The list of inline elements does not include underline or preformatted text. Is preformatted text a block element?

6.      P12, Section 3.5 – If I am a new to DITA, I would find this section confusing or overwhelming. I understand the need for specialization, but as a beginner, I’m not sure that I want to know about that at this point in the document. I think this section belongs in Section 5, where the information seems to be duplicated. You could include a reference to Section 5 from 3.

7.      P16, Section 4.2.1 – Typo in 3rd bullet, I think (MS) should be (LMS).

8.      P19, Section 5 – This section duplicates section 3.5. I think all of the specialization information should be in one place.

9.      P24, Section A.3 – Does LwDITA rely on the @class attribute? It is not in the table of attributes.

Let me know if you have any questions or need further explanations.

Deb Bissantz

Technical Communication Architect/Writer

dbissantz@healthwise.org  |  www.healthwise.org

208.331.8729 office

Healthwise helps people make better health decisions