Subject: Lightweight DITA: An introduction -- Working draft 04 reviewed

Hi everyone,

I subjected the working draft 04 to a wider comment round within my team (all members are not currently working with our LwDITA project but have otherwise different levels of DITA experience, from novice to expert).

Here’s what we gathered, starting from generic comments:

The document is well written, although it is clear that many details are still not decided. The simplified specialization mechanism sounds very cool, can’t wait to see that in action. That must be portable to the main DITA standard, too. Very cool idea.

Page 10:

Parenthesis missing: (<u>

There is a missing angle bracket in the XDITA markup example: <p>Compact Fluorescent/p>

Page 11: In response to Carlos’ comment 23 Jan 2017: we’d prefer the same syntax as used in 3.2:

·        List item (<li>)

·        Ordered list (<ol>)

·        Paragraph (<p>)

·        Section (<section>)

·        Simple table (<simpletable> or <table>)

·        Unordered list (<ul>)

Page 16: It is stated: “Departments who want to reduce the cost of developing and maintaining style sheets by eliminating mixed content”

But isn't the normal LW-DITA standard full of mixed content? Do you mean to say "reducing the set of elements", which it effectively does.

Page 17: in the XDITA, the indentation is wrong for this line <source value="remote.mp4" />

Page 18: in the XDITA map example, the indentation is wrong for this line </map>

Page 23. in the second example, the closing tag for <p id="disconnect-warning" ..> is incorrect.

Page 27. Chapter 6

These tools now include support for LwDITA:

·        CitecFemton

·        DoX CMS

(Naturally, the implementation is still preliminary, as the specification work is still partly in progress.)

Page 28. Appendix A. The following elements are included in the topic DTD, but not in A.1:

<specmeta>

<specatt>

<param>

Is there an intention to list the specialization elements and attributes in an appendix of their own? It would be important for the users to get the big picture of the complete set of elements and attributes in one place.

Note. We’re eagerly waiting for this element appear both in the DTD and the LwDITA documentation:

Line 450 in topic.mod : <!-- fnref - new inline element -->

The new version 05 including more information on specialization is also very much appreciated. I’ll get back to you on that if new questions or comments arise around that theme.

Best,

--

Ullakaisa Kalander
Information Architect, Information Services

P.O. Box 109
FI-65101 Vaasa
Finland
Mobile: +358 50 3828 192