Subject: Key definition for LwDITA and reusable text

We need a clear way for people to define keys in a Lightweight DITA map. This functionality is not currently present.

There are three ways to define a key in a DITA map:

  1. <keydef> element
  2. <topicref processing-role="resource-only">
  3. Defining a key on a topic reference used for navigation

In each of the above cases, users would have to have access to other elements not currently available in the Lightweight DITA DTDs: <keywords> and <keyword>.

Here is the standard way to define a key used for variable text, such as a product name:

<keydef keys="product-name">
  <topicmeta>
   <keywords>
     <keyword>Remote Network Lighting</keyword>
    </keywords>
  </topicmeta>
</keydef>

None of the highlighted elements are available in the Lightweight DITA DTDs.

What's the plan? From a usability perspective, I suspect that the easiest thing would be to add <keydef, <keywords>, and <keyword>.
--
Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein