Subject: Proposed changes to Committee Note

Dear LwDITA SC members,

Well, we have to make some changes and do a second public review. I have listened to emo rock music and cried all morning, but tomorrow will be a new day...
Now, serious talk... these are the changes we should/can implement before we send the CN for public review #2. Please take a look and send feedback. I hope we can talk about this over email this week and review preliminary changes next Monday during our SC call.

Best,

Carlos

---
1. Add @keys to attributes table
  - In HDITA and MDITA extended, @keys becomes @data-keys
2. Determine if <ph> is required in <linktext>
  - Committee note and sample files have both with and without phrase. Example:
  <keydef keys="product-name">
      <topicmeta>
      </topicmeta>
      I have tested both with and without phrase and they work.
3. Fix HDITA map example
  - I propose example as:
    <var class="linktext" data-keys="product-name">Remote Lighting Network</var>
    Does that seem correct? Does it need the ph/span?
4. Should we go ahead and add @processing-role in topicref (came from Scott Prentice and we deferred for spec)?
  - This requires a minor change to the DTDs
5. Should we go ahead and note the need for map/topicmeta/navtitle in lieu of map/title (came from Scott Prentice and we deferred for spec)?
6. Should we go ahead and mention if image is always inline and fig/image is break (came from Scott Prentice and we deferred for spec)?

--
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing