dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Hazard Statement example

Patrick

Thanks for your posting; I have uploaded it to the SC website.

Two comments and one question to your document:

-	This example depends on the stylesheet. I would recommend to stay inline with the ANSI/ISO standard in the stylesheet provided by the DITA-OT, but of course any company can freely modify the stylesheet to meet individual requirements.
-	You mention two examples (page 1  all in one table, and page 2  all in one separate table) actually the dtd does not limit the way you can render your hazard statements. The flexibility of xsl would allow to get both examples as a result.

Question:
You propose a new element hazardstatementlist, can you give us more details to this proposal.
Maybe you can update the example below with your idea.

<hazardstatement type=danger labelformat=2 panelarrangement=horizontal>
  <messagepanel>
    <typeofhazard>Visible and/or Invisible Laser Radiation<typeofhazard>
    <howtoavoid>Avoid direct exposure to beam.</howtoavoid>
  </messagepanel>
  <symbol href=laserbeam.png/>
</hazardstatement>

Best regards