dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Paragraph Type in <howtoavoid>

Hello SC members

As discussed in our meeting today I have looked for a way of getting the paragraph type into the <howtoavoid> element.

And there is indeed a good possible solution.

#PCDATA
The phrase elements:
ph | term | xref | cite | q | boolean | state | keyword | tm |
The paragraph elements:
p | lq | note | dl | ul | ol | sl | pre | lines | fig | image | object | table | simpletable |
As well as:
itemgroup | draft-comment | required-cleanup | fn | indextermref | indexterm | data | data-about | foreign | unknown

If we do so, we will have to decide if and how we have to limit the content model of <typeofhazard>, <consequence> and <howtoavoid> as the entire content model of <li> is a bit too heavy, isn't it?

What do you think? Would #PCDATA and the phrase elements be sufficiant for <typeofhazard> and <consequences>?

And how about <howtoavoid>, can we limit the contentmodel to #PCDATA, the phrase elements, together with p | sl ?
Or can we even skip p, as p contains a huge list of elements like table, fig, image, note etc. which do not make sense in a <howtoavoid> text.

Best regards

Chris