dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Minutes 2008/08/19

1) Roll Call
We have a quorum.

2) Approve minutes of last business meetings:
May and July meeting minutes will follow August meeting minutes:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry

/email/archives/200808/msg00006.html

The meeting minutes were approved.
Motion to accept made by Chris Kravogel; seconded by Sissi Closs.

3) Business

-- Packaging discussion:
-> Should sw, pr and ui be part of the technical content package?
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/2

00808/msg00031.html
After discussing the possible issues we decided that we don't need

a separate machine industry package for DITA 1.2 and that we will

accept the TC packaging proposal to accept to retain backward

compatibility. But it was also agreed that this is not a good

solution for the future and must be discussed again for DITA 1.3

or 2.0.

We decided to support the TC proposal.
Motion to accept made by Chris Kravogel; seconded by Sissi Closs.

-- Naming of the task type:
Task with requirements domain is not a good name and it will not motivate the Machine Industry people to use DITA.
Therefore, we decided to keep the name machineryTask, containing all domains from "generalTask" including "task requirements domain" but excluding "sw- and pr-domain"

Motion to accept made by Chris Kravogel; seconded by Sissi Closs.

-- Questions from Robert Anderson regarding the Task Requirements

Domain regarding the naming conventions.
We decided to keep the names (sparesli, supeqli, supplyli, ...) derived from S100D.
Motion to accept made by Chris Kravogel; seconded by Sissi Closs.

-- Language Reference Guide
We are willing to support reviewing for the langref specs. Details will follow in the next days.