dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Meeting Minutes 2009/06/23

1) Roll call
We have quorum

2) Approve minutes of last business meeting:
Meeting minutes from Mai 12: pending
3) Business

- DITA 1.2, status of proposals
Updated DTDs March 23, 2009:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/200903/msg00058.html
Upadated LangRef March 24, 2009:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/200903/msg00076.html
Updated Schema, March 27, 2009:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/200903/msg00082.html

*
--> Update on architectural specs
Link to CHM version: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32957/archspec.chm
Link to TOCjs version:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32968/archspec_tocjs.zip

-  For LangRef, there were no changes in the past 3 months.

-  The architectural specs are for implementors and people who make specializations.
   These have been completely updated lately.

Regarding the MI notes in DITA 1.2, Chris pointed out that the ANSI standard is supposed

to change the warning levels. Caution 1 and 2 will probably be removed in the 2011

version of the ANSI standard.

We would prefer to remove caution1 and caution2 as attribute value:
1. The expected change in the ANSI standard is better than the current solution.
2. If we remove it now, people will have no migration problem later.

Chris will ask whether we can still remove these 2 levels from the DITA 1.2 DTDs.
If this is not possible, we will at least add a recommendation in LangRef not to use

these values.

In any case Chris will have to update LangRef this week and needs our
feedback in the next 2 weeks :-)

Everybody is asked to review the architectural specs and give direct feedack to the

authors.

- DITA 1.3, proposals - ideas
-- List of DITA 1.3 Proposals: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposals
-- 13011: Technical data - Chris Kravogel
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/document.php?document_

id=27951
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/document.php?document_

id=27952

Test DTDs:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/archives/200905/

msg00002.html

DTDs have to be tested

-- 13012: Maintenance plan - Sissi Closs

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/archives/200803/

msg00005.html
no update
-- 13013: Module size definition
no update
-- 13014: Type Attribute proposal, Jonatan Lundin

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/archives/200810/

msg00000.html

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/archives/200810/

msg00001.html

no update
-- 13015: ditatoctemp proposal, Jonatan Lundin

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/archives/200810/

msg00002.html
no update
-- 13016: metadata proposal, Jonatan Lundin

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/archives/200811/

msg00004.html
no update
-- 13017: Filtering attributes and conditional processing proposal

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/archives/200811/

msg00005.html

Chris talked to TriSoft: They have no special support for conditional processing.
Sissi has no answer from Adobe regarding FrameMaker so far.
Jonathan has no aswer from Astoria so far.

After Jonatan's update of the proposal, Chris will ask the core architects how they

estimate this proposal.
-- 13018: Troubleshooting / Diagnostics proposal

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/archives/200811/

msg00006.html

no upadte
-- 13019: Update of Hazardstatement and Note attributes
see above
Feedbacks, Proposal Ideas from DITA Europe Conference:
- Spare Parts / Parts Catalog Proposal
- Machine Industry Map Proposal
At previous meetings (DITA Europe, MI subcommittee) a possible map/bookmap specialization

for MI was discussed to:

-  have a template for a typical MI map
-  restrict for example nesting levels, allowed topic types, ...

Chris will check where we discussed this subject and how we proceed.
Variables and DITA

We agreed that we should create a proposal to the TC to address variables.
New Machine directive coming out this year

Sissi will check
4) Announcements/Opens

Next meeting: July, 21 at 6 pm

Kind regards