dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Maintenance Types

Colleges,

enclosed I am sending the list of maintenance-types to you, may I ask you to review. I added the German translations as well.

There are 4 main groups of maintenance I found so far:

Preventive maintenance, (Vorbeugende Instandhaltung) Corrective maintenance, (Reparatur, Fehlerbehebung) Prescriptive maintenance, (Vorgeschriebene Wartung) Scheduled maintenance, (Planmssige Wartung) Predictive maintenance, (Vorausschauende Instandhaltung)

Preventive maintenance: is conducted to keep equipment working and/or extend the life of the equipment.
The care and servicing by personnel for the purpose of maintaining equipment and facilities in satisfactory operating condition by providing for systematic inspection, detection, and correction of incipient failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects.

Corrective maintenance: sometimes called "repair", is conducted to get equipment working again.
can be defined as the maintenance which is required when an item has failed or worn out, to bring it back to working order.

Prescriptive maintenance:
Periodic prescribed inspection and/or servicing of equipment accomplished on a calendar, mileage, or hours of operation basis. Its phases normally consist of inspecting, servicing, lubricating, and adjusting, as well as the replacing of parts, minor assemblies, and subassemblies.

Predictive maintenance:
techniques help determine the condition of in-service equipment in order to predict when maintenance should be performed. This approach offers cost savings over routine or time-based preventive maintenance, because tasks are performed only when warranted.

But there are also many other types or names used for maintenance tasks, here a list of the one I found:

Planned preventative maintenance (geplante vorbeugende Wartung) Periodic maintenance  (Wartung in reglmssigen Abstnden) Planned maintenance (planmssige Wartung) Routine maintenance (laufende Wartung) Ongoing maintenance (laufende Wartung) Regular maintenance (Planmssige Wartung)

Prognostic maintenance (Vorausschauende Wartung)

Performance-based maintenance (Leistungsabhngige Wartung) Condition-based maintenance (Zustandsabhngige Wartung) Remedial maintenance (Fallweise Wartung) Emergency maintenance (Strungsbeseitigung)

Function-related maintenance (Funktionsbezogene Instandhaltung) Object-related maintenance (Objekbezogene Instandhaltung)

Time related maintenance:
Annual maintenance (Jhrliche Wartung)

Then some work types:
Computer-assisted maintenance (Computer Untersttzte Wartung) Remote maintenance (Fernwartung)

On our next meeting I would like to discuss with you, 1. which of these terms we are going to use 2. Between which terms we are going to distinguish 3. Which terms we will add as optional terms 4. Which terms we will depricate

Best regards

Chris