dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Mode of operation

Hello all,

One of the points we need to discuss at the upcoming meeting of Tuesday is how to move forward with the SC. What I would like to propose is replacing the phone meetings of the past by a Webex meeting once per month. We can check available weekdays and times to settle on a time that would suit as many people as possible.

Apart from this, I would like us to start using the mailing list for discussions, so that the limited time on Webex meetings is not spent explaining stuff that can easier be expressed and read offline in e-mails. I want to try and make this SC more effective in the upcoming year, as I do believe there is much left to do after achieving DITA 1.2 and having created the product lifecycle documents table.

Other points will be addressed in separate e-mails, so that the discussion on the mailing list can keep some focus for each thread. I am not at all sure that the mailing list is the best platform for this, but for the moment we are bound to it. So please try and keep threads separated and share your viewpoints via the mailing list well before the Webex meeting of Tuesday Dec. 14th. This will give everyone the chance to think about stuff and limit the Webex meeting to useful interaction and possible voting.

Thanks much

Jang