dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Meeting Minutes - 18.09.2012

Meeting Minutes from last Business Meeting:
will be postponed to next meeting

Business:

Required Work:
Jang: We require an XSLT for Hazard Statements
Chris: We have to finisch proposal 13011
Jang: We require an XSLT for Prelreqs
Jang: We require EDDs for the use of Machinery DITA stuff in Framemaker.
Chris: Will check the deadlines for posting further DITA 1.3 proposals

Open Discussion:
do we need a special rendering for Prelreqs?
Chris: it is not as importand and as defined as Hazardstatements
Jang: the basic rendering is weak, it would be supportive if we offer a basic rendering (e.g. with an oilcan icon, a hammer or screwdriver which supports company to have an at least usefull rendering to give the DITA-OT more value.

Next steps:
- Chris will send the XSLT and XSL-FO from the DITA-OT to Jang. Also with some examples.
- Jang will then write the XSLT and XSL-FO for the rendering according to ANSI for the Hazardstatements.
Targets for the Rendering will be PDF and HTML
- Chris will test the rendering with the Open-Toolkit
- Chris will check with the DITA-OT responsibles on the steps to get this XSLs into the OT.
¨- Jang will investigate on how to make it work in Framemaker

Ideas:
- update of the personnel element in the prelreqs

Next Meetings:
- October Meeting: Friday 12th of October, 16:00 CEST
- November Meeting: face2face at DITA Europe on the 12th/13th of November

Thanks to the company EXTEDO GmbH Munich for providing the GoTo Meeting access.