dita-sidsc message

Subject: RE: [dita-sidsc] Groups - Action Item Modified: #0028 How to share Excel file

I know it's a pain, but no, we can't use Google Spreadsheets.  I brought
up the idea myself a couple months ago, but it was shot down by the
following OASIS policy:

        http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s2.8

Here's a quote:

        The official copies of all resources of the TC and its
associated
        subcommittees, including web pages, documents, email lists and
any
        other records of discussions, must be located only on facilities

        designated by OASIS. TCs and SCs may not conduct official
business
        or technical discussions, store documents, or host web pages on
        servers or systems not designated by OASIS. All web pages,
        documents, ballot results and email archives of all TCs and SCs
        shall be publicly visible.

One of the reasons for this are intellectual property and non-disclosure
considerations.

For example, if Bob and Seth (both at Freescale) get together and work
on a spreadsheet and then submit that to the OASIS document repository,
that seems like it would be OK.  There are no multi-party intellectual
property considerations, since they both work at Freescale.

But if Duane and Jeremy (at IBM and PDT, respectively) get together and
work on a spreadsheet, and then one of them posts it to OASIS, this
action may have multi-party IP disclosure implications.  Maybe one of
them could think the work is only between IBM and PDT, covered under
NDAs between those two companies, and didn't intend for it to be posted
to OASIS.

I will ask Mary McRae and Don Day for their input -- it seems there must
be a way to deal with this.

Thanks,
Seraphim Larsen
Intel Corporation * ECG TechComm
Chandler, AZ * (480) 552-6504
My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.