dita-sidsc message

Subject: RE: [dita-sidsc] Nonmember collaboration on an sidsc topic

Sorry, as an FYI here’s the section in the TC Process (2.8 TC Visibility):

The purpose of the TC’s public comment facility is to receive comments from the public and is not for public discussion. Comments shall be publicly archived, and shall be forwarded to one or more Members of the TC including the TC Chair. TCs shall not be required to respond to comments. Comments to the TC made by Members of the TC must be made via the TC general email list, and comments made by non-TC members, including from the public, must be made via the TC’s comment facility. Comments shall not be accepted via any other means.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Mary

From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:46 PM
To: 'Duane K Becker'; 'dita-sidsc@lists.oasis-open.org'

Hi Duane,

  The feedback license mechanism is implemented through the TC-comment facility. This is how non-members are to provide feedback to a Technical Committee (or any of its subcommittees). This is the only method allowed via the OASIS TC Process. Please note that if you have colleagues who are interested in providing feedback to the TC they can also join the TC as a member – there are no meeting requirements; and they will be able to have read/write access.

The TC Comment Facility for the DITA TC is available here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=dita

  Please feel free to contact me should you have further questions.

Regards,

Mary