dita-sidsc message

Subject: RE: [dita-sidsc] Additional agenda item request for tomorrow's meeting

Duane;

You're absolutely right that the initial work of the SIDSC is focused on customer-facing content. But that's not to say that when we have the bandwidth and expertise available that we shouldn't focus on internal information needs. Particularly in the "modern" world of semiconductors where companies collaborate at so many points from IC design through manufacturing and tool support.

In fact, I've had conversations within Freescale similar to those you're about to have within IBM, and I'd guess that our counterparts at other semiconductor companies will be doing the same as each of us lead our organizations out of the dark ages of desktop publishing into the bright new future of Information Development.

Regards,
Bob Beims

Applications Engineer, Staff Principal
Microcontroller Solutions Group

Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
6501 William Cannon Drive West, MD: OE49
Austin, TX 78735-8598

This e-mail, and any associated attachments have been classified as:
[X]Public
[ ]Freescale Semiconductor Internal Use Only
[ ]Freescale Semiconductor Confidential Proprietary

From: Duane K Becker [mailto:dkbecker@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 2:18 PM
To: dita-sidsc@lists.oasis-open.org

Freescale will be interested in this. I have been requested to discuss if a
Dita specialization needs to be created for ASIC and Foundry Design Manuals.
Our semiconductor specialization is pretty much focussed on finished module
documentation, whereas the Design manuals we (and Freescale) produce

have little or no information that is covered by our specialization.

Duane K. Becker     IBM Burlington, Vermont
Phone 1-802-769-1892     Tie Line 446-1892
The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.