dita-sidsc message

Subject: sending email to dita-sidsc@lists.oasis-open.org

For the email I just sent, I was unable to send it from my normal email client, the way I normally do.  I kept getting bounce messages saying the following:

<dita-sidsc@lists.oasis-open.org>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied

I resorted to sending it through the OASIS website and that seemed to work.  Anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks,
  Jeremy