dita-sidsc message

Subject: meeting idea: real-time register authoring

Folks, I've been trying to run data through our sidsc-register specialization. If you will remember, we created the DTD shells for memoryMap, addressBus, register, and bitField so that these can be used outside of the context of their defined nesting order.

I've been concentrating on the register level with nested bitFields, and I have *many* questions as to how some of our elements should be used. Rather than trying to ask a bunch of questions, I propose we use our next meeting to walk through an 8bit register in real time.

I will have a PDF of the existing register documentation open next to my XML editor, and we will walk through the process of capturing register data in our specializations.

Any objections?

-seth

seth park
information architect