dita-sidsc message

Subject: sidsc-design specialization (reusing components)

New structure: sidsc-design
This is a proposed structure for the initial public release of the SIDSC plugin.

Problem statement
The SIDSC data model does not provide good support for reusing components. There are several usecases that the proposed sidsc-design map addresses:

1. Supply a base address for each component on a design. Currently, it is hard-coded and can be filtered via select-atts.

2. Provide a collection of components.

3. Define RTL parameters.

Inspiration: IP-XACT
IP-XACT has a <design> element that satisfies the usecases above. Here is how the specification describes the design element:

"An IP-XACT design is the central placeholder for the assembly of component objects meta-data. A design describes a list of components referenced by this description, their configuration, and their interconnections to each other. The interconnections may be between interfaces or between ports on a component. A design description is analogous to a schematic of components."

This is exactly what we need.

Desired response
Please have a look at this proposal and be ready for discussion at the next sidsc call. I know I'm throwing a bunch of last minute items at you, but these are real issues that I've encountered using the schema in a production environment. I think it will benefit all members/users... and, the work is already done and documented.

Sample RTL (from wikipedia.com)

module Div20x (rst, clk, cet, cep, count,tc);
// TITLE 'Divide-by-20 Counter with enables'
// enable CEP is a clock enable only
// enable CET is a clock enable and
// enables the TC output
// a counter using the Verilog language

parameter size = 5;
parameter length = 20;

input rst; // These inputs/outputs represent

Sample IP-XACT design element

<design>
  <vendor>spiritconsortium.org</vendor>
  <library>Leon2RTL</library>
  <name>design_Leon2Platform</name>
  <version>3.0</version>
  <componentInstances>
    <componentInstance>
      <instanceName>uahbbus</instanceName>
      <componentRef vendor="spiritconsortium.org" library="Leon2RTL" name="ahbbus22" version="1.3"/>
      <configurableElementValues>
        <configurableElementValue referenceId="defmast">0</configurableElementValue>
        <configurableElementValue referenceId="range_slv0_mirror">0x00040000</configurableElementValue>
        <configurableElementValue referenceId="range_slv1_mirror">0x00009000</configurableElementValue>

      </configurableElementValues>
    </componentInstance>
  </componentInstances>

Sample SIDSC design

<sidsc-design>
    <component-ref base-address="0" href="TPM.xml">
        <parameter>
            <key>size</key>
            <value>5</value>
        </parameter>
        <parameter>
            <key>length</key>
            <value>20</value>
        </parameter>
    </component-ref>
    <component-ref base-address="1" href="SCI.xml">
    </component-ref>
</sidsc-design>