dita-sidsc message

Subject: langspec generation for SIDSC

I caught wind of a langspec generation tool on the dita-users group. Robert Anderson graciously sent me his set up, and I have it mostly working. Thanks again, Robert!

I still need to figure out how to piece it all together so that our descriptions and examples are preserved and the tedious stuff is handled programmatically.

I also need to nail a strategy for making sure that the topics for reused base elements are generated and organized meaningfully. That is, our users wont go to the SIDSC spec to get a description of <simpletable>, however, if someone sees that <simpletable> is available in bitFieldDescription, he/she should be able to click the <simpletable> link to learn more... But I wouldnt except to see <simpletable> in the ToC.

Any ideas regarding the organization and/or integration of base element types?

-seth

seth park
information architect
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.