dita-sidsc message

Subject: Methodological guidelines to start creating and documenting a newinformation type

Hello,

First, I’d like to thank Bob for the introduction “monolog”, that was very helpful to understand where the SC is at.

The purpose of my email is to ask if you have some kind of guidelines or style guide that would help to start a new information type for parametric data.

While John is the one who knows the NXP products and data structure like his own house, I take care of all the tasks related to DITA and XML architecture and tooling. DITA specialization and DITA OT customization are consequently perfectly familiar to me (thanks to my  degree, professional experience, training provided by Sperotech and a tutorial written by Eliot Kimber).

All that to say that the DITA-related methods are known, but you certainly have defined guidelines in terms of naming, capitalization, folder structure, deliverables, etc. that should be followed to maintain consistency with the existing content.

Anyway, I can (and will) definitely have a look at what has been done so far and mimic what I see. By the way, I know where to find the Architecture specification, but if you think of other existing material I could use, that would help!

This way NXP would be able to submit deliverables that would materialize our vision of parametric data management, and have them discussed according to your experience.

Thanks,

Colin Maudry

Product Data Analyst and DITA Implementer

cid:image001.gif@01C91339.12F576B0

NXP Semiconductors    www.nxp.com

High Tech Campus 60, room 4.406, 5656 AG  Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Tel: +31 40 27 25833 Mobile: +31 646 53 94 33     colin.maudry@nxp.com